My Team Reveal

I wouldn’t call myself an expert or anything but I will say that I believe I give good advice and maybe I should take on some of that advice I give others for myself and if that was the case maybe I’d have good seasons. Well this season was a shorter preseason for myself and I only changed my team a couple of times. I did have a larger player pool though to choose players from. 


When picking my team I look at the opening 5 fixtures for each team and base my team off that, plus I base getting 65+ as a par score. Who did I choose for my first Gameweek?:


GK: Lloris (Tottenham) - I chose him due to Tottenham’s start to the season, I feel like I can have him as my keeper for the first 8 games and then can change it. I would hope he will keep at least 3 clean sheets in those first 8 games. After that it will be a change to someone else. 


B/UP GK: Nyland (Villa) - if Villa didn’t go for Martinez and sign him then Nyland would of possibly been the number one keeper. 


DEF: Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) - This guy just picks himself, no need for an explanation


DEF: Doherty (Spurs) - I picked him as a wolves player and when he transferred to Spurs I thought his output would be the same, hopefully we see that soon, deserves a few things to go his way.


DEF: Walker-Peters (Southampton) - I watched a few Southampton games towards the end of last season and he was very good and at 4.5m I thought what a bargain for hopefully a 125+ season. Hopefully Southampton find the form they had towards the back end of last season. 


DEF: Robertson (Liverpool) - Not many went both Liverpool fullbacks this season and I thought at 7.0m he will score more points that some 7.0m midfielder over the season, along with his mate TAA they will not leave my team this season.he


B/UP DEF: Mitchell (Palace) - I think this guy should of been one of the highest owned players this season, he is taking over the Patrick Van Aanholt role while PVA is injured and at 4.0m I think that is a steal. He will play games and has the potential to overlap down the left.


MID: Aubameyang (Arsenal) - a striker become midfielder, do I need to say more? Holding him till GW2


MID: Saint Maximin (Newcastle) - honestly thought he would be main attacking threat for Newcastle and had a season in the premier league to get used to it all, at 5.5m thought he was a good play.


MID: Tielemans (Leicester) - I honestly thiught he would play further forward this season and Leicester would play more attacking, I still will back him in and he will improve immensely on last season, I reckon he’s value still. Needs a few goal contributions to help boost his scores.


MID: Mane (Liverpool) - why didn’t I pick Salah? I really thought mane would start the season better than Salah, Mane’s pre season was better than salahs, also last couple of season mane started off better than Salah. Mane likes scoring against the top 6 sides and since Liverpool play Chelsea and Arsenal early on I thought Mane was a good shout.


MID: Stephens (Brighton) - will ride my bench this season and change later on but thought he would get minutes with Brighton and was a cheap option,


FWD: Kane (Spurs) - Spurs first 8 games I thought he would bag some goals and be up there for the golden boot. We shall see what happens, could be a good player pick.


FWD: Mitrovic (Fulham) - proven on numerous occasions he can do it in the premier league, will be one of the top scorers in the league and if he scores goals aplenty, Fulham might stay up.


B/UP FWD: Davis (Villa) - should get minutes off the bench and is yet to score goals, but has had numerous chances, hopefully his season, will sit on my bench this season. 



Gameweek 1:


I scored 36 points and wasn’t really happy with my team. Three things I didn’t expect in Gameweek 1, Mitrovic on the bench, Liverpool conceding 3 and Everton beating Tottenham. I was happy with the pick of Robbo and TAA as one of them will give me an attacking return most of the time. Mitrovic on the bench really annoyed me!! Mentioned it too much but Parker sort yourself out. Everton vs Tottenham I thought, spurs would win and hold the toffees to a nil score but it went the other way, I didn’t think Everton would gel so quick with their completely new midfield but they did and I can’t wait for the Merseyside derby. 


Gameweek 2:


After scoring only 36 points and being bottom in a couple of my leagues, I was very close to playing my wildcard and changing to players that would probably score better than I did the previous week, but I thought no! Hold your transfer and use it the following Gameweek, so I did and backed in my team. After the Everton versus West Brom game I thought, oh no I’ve made a bad decision, but thank goodness for Kane, Mane and Mitrovic saving my Gameweek. I scored 80 points, giving me a combined score of 116 points, with all chips still in play and two transfers up my sleeve. A few players in my league did their wildcard and did worse than my 36 points from Gameweek 1. Don’t forget this season is a marathon and not a sprint. Don’t be too reactionary, back in the players you have chosen, if you don’t need to transfer then don’t, Sometimes banking a transfer will be beneficial.

What am I considering for this week? 

Read my Gameweek 3 preview. 


Gameweek 3

Looking like Aubameyang to Rashford and Maximin to James Rodriguez. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gameweek 6 Review

Gameweek 9

Gameweek 5 review