Gameweek 6 Review

The less said and mentioned about Gameweek 6 the better. My team was exactly like Aston Villa on the weekend, thought we were cruising nicely and continually improving, but nope, came crashing back down to earth. Aston Villa came up against a Leeds team who no one really gave a chance for Leeds to beat them especially after Villa put 7 past Liverpool and scored very late on to beat Leicester, but Patrick Bamford had a day out, literally everything he touched turned to goals. He got a Hat Trick, scoring his owners 17 points. He has scored 6 goals in 6 games for Leeds albeit equalling a goal a game due to his output versus Aston Villa. Two of his goals he scored were very good, one from outside the box into the roof of the net, while the other was a nice open up the body on the left, curl it into the top left corner, while his other goal was a measly tap in. 


West Ham hadn’t grabbed a point of Manchester City for quite a while, actually in City’s last 5 visits to the London Stadium before the one on the weekend City had won each of them. West Ham scored a beauty of a goal from Michail Antonio, in which he scored via a bicycle, but City responded thanks to half time substitute Phil Foden, currently City aren’t like they use to be and only got 1 point from the game. As mentioned numerous times, West Ham had a very hard start to the season in the opening 10 games, but it’s not all doom and gloom at the moment. I didn’t expect them to win a single game in their opening 10 games, but they put 4 past Wolves, 3 past Spurs and Leicester. I expected maybe a total of 2 or 3 points from 10 games and they’d be playing catch up but they’ve really surprised me with sitting 12th atm above both Manchester clubs with a points tally of 8. I didn’t expect much to come from West Ham in regards to fantasy but Michail Antonio took his goal so very well which now gives him a total of 3 for the season, for the ones who gambled on him, it’s definitely paying off for those coaches, I will be looking at him after West Ham finish this 10 game bracket. Well, currently, there isn’t much to be said about Manchester City, De Bruyne scored only 1 point coming off the bench, back from injury, but I do expect him to bounce back this weekend against Sheffield. There have also been more woes for the strikers of city with Aguero confirmed to be out for another month, which makes Sterling a tasty option and gives the likes of cheaper players Mahrez and Torres to get more game time and produce more scores than what they were doing. I would still steer clear of City defenders and any other City player the moment as they are unpredictable, can win big then the next week concede 3, which is very unlike them.


Not much needs to be said about either the Crystal Palace vs Fulham game or Manchester United vs Chelsea game. All I’m going to say is I’m so over Mitrovic, unfortunately Fulham are just terrible and he’s just not the same as last season, I don’t think you’ll get much more from him, he might bounce back against West Brom this week as a final hurrah but after that he has to go. No point keeping him as he has no form and Fulham are so bad. Like I said in my Palace preview, Zaha needs to be in your team if he stayed at Palace, and unfortunately I had no guts to start him as Palace’s finish to the season in July was terrible and I didn’t expect them to play the way they are playing. Definite transfer target this week, plus they play Wolves, who haven’t been consistent either. If you can guarantee Mendy is going to be Chelsea’s first choice goalkeeper then he is a must have, he will give you save points plus on the odd chance Chelsea keep clean sheets. There really wasn’t much else that went on apart from a clean sheet and a boring 0-0 game, which Azpilicueta thinks there should of been a penalty, to be honest it’s on the borderline.



There were routine wins for Liverpool and Tottenham, even if Liverpool went the hard route of having to come from behind against Sheffield while Tottenham left it late to beat Burnley, Firmino got off the mark finally while Jota is becoming one of the best kept secret transfers in history. Son scored his 8th goal of the season while Kane notched up his 8th assist of the season. He is on record pace to beat De Bruyne’s assists of 20 last season. 


There was always going to be a blank coming up for Calvert-Lewin and it was against Southampton, it’s not that Everton played badly, everything went right for Southampton. Che Adams probably deserved to score a brace with a marginally offside call went against him, while Danny Ings notched up 2 assists. 


The less said about my Gameweek the better, I dropped in rank for the first time this season after continually going up each week. I scored 35 points. Literally just forget about Gameweek 6, and look on towards Gameweek 7. I lost top spot on my league as well which isn’t what I want since the league I’m in are all the guys I coach football. 


I have no idea what I’m doing with my transfers, will I use my wildcard? most probably. I might leave it till after the international break. I might just back my team in since that’s what happened after that terrible Gameweek 1 score. I guess it’s only way up after a bad Gameweek. 


Hope everyone had a good Gameweek, still a long way to go. We have another 32 gameweeks, plenty of time to improve that rank.

Comments

  1. I found this one eye-catching & elegant blog post. It is very informative for everyone. Very good work! I am Impressed.

    Fantasy Cricket App Development Company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog post about fantasy sports industry. I think you are a best blogger. Your writing skill is amazing. Thanks a lot for this blog.

    Hire Dedicated PHP Developers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gameweek 9

Gameweek 5 review